Entitled Passengers !

Reina del Mar

There are notices posted by each elevator that passengers should limit the number to six in elevators.

I am very disappointed to see some people trying to squash either friends or relative strangers into this limited space. When asked to follow the rule of six, some people tut and mutter thinking they are above the rules. I have asked on several occasions that the number is limited, only to feel I am asking for something that is ridiculous and that I am in the wrong.

Nobody is above the rules and more to the point, nobody wants to contract COVID !!!!!

• Like 28

There's always someone: on a ship, driving on the highway, stop signs, grocery store, etc, etc, etc.

On one cruise I was standing in the Elite/Suite line at Pax Svcs along with several others. A man walked up & got in the front of the line. I said, "the back of the line is over there" (maybe 4 others in line with me). His response was, "I'm Elite". To which I said, "so are we!". He stayed in the front of the line.

Guess he was more Elite than the rest of us.🤬

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There's always someone: on a ship, driving on the highway, stop signs, grocery store, etc, etc, etc.

On one cruise I was standing in the Elite/Suite line at Pax Svcs along with several others. A man walked up & got in the front of the line. I said, "the back of the line is over there" (maybe 4 others in line with me). His response was, "I'm Elite". To which I said, "so are we!". He stayed in the front of the line.

This has happened to us more than a few times!   😄

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There is always an A H o, every cruise.  I have use bump and run rule, when the desk agent says next.  Sometimes it works sometime I'm out weight

Works both ways. One person already on a ship's elevator with 3 people got upset when a party of four got on so she left.  Later around the ship she was constantly seen without a mask when they were mandatory. Ships personnel gave her a mask and later she was again not wearing it. Talk about entitled.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

If you don't mind strange looks, you can always turn around and face the corner like hospitals advise you to do. 

Love doing that, loudly say WOW would you look at this view or  while facing the corner have a full conversation (both sides out loud) with yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

His response was, "I'm Elite". To which I said, "so are we!". He stayed in the front of the line.

Next time try, "Yes, you are the most Elite A-Hole on the ship".

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

There are notices posted by each elevator that passengers should limit the number to six in elevators.

I am very disappointed to see some people trying to squash either friends or relative strangers into this limited space. When asked to follow the rule of six, some people tut and mutter thinking they are above the rules. I have asked on several occasions that the number is limited, only to feel I am asking for something that is ridiculous and that I am in the wrong.

Nobody is above the rules and more to the point, nobody wants to contract COVID !!!!!

Just off the enchanted last week.  so many idiots try to cram into elevators and then got rude and obnoxious if reminded about the 6 passenger request....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The max number of people on an elevator is only a recommendation. 

There's not much you can do if more people decide to get on other than get off.

Oh but there is…I have said…

’There should only be six per elevator.’, very loudly, so the last two got off, and have also said…again loudly, ‘ Excuse me,I need to get off, there are too many people in this elevator!’  

You need thick skin or dark glasses to ignore the looks you get though!!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Or take the stairs. And the exercise is good for you. 😉

I always take the stairs if the elevators are crowded but my husband has mobility issues so it’s not a choice for him. Hopefully his surgery this month will change that for the future.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I am surprised by this topic.  On the Majestic two weeks ago, the elevators were usually not too crowded.  Of course, there were exceptions, but the elevator discipline seemed pretty good.  And the masking.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I am surprised by this topic.  On the Majestic two weeks ago, the elevators were usually not too crowded.  Of course, there were exceptions, but the elevator discipline seemed pretty good.  And the masking.

Interesting.  We were on the Majestic  March 5-19 and people were packing the elevators and maybe 10% wearing masks.  

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I have a good one!!!!

We we’re on Ruby 3/8-3/27! All I can say as a first time Princess Cruiser but not from cruising and last on Princess. ( Long story)  Our lines are Oceania and HAL.  We were on an elevator 4 people all masked, and  door opens and 2 really heavy people tried to get on without masks and the elevator door kept beeping because the weight was too much!LOL. They were embarrassed and quickly got off! First time I ever saw that on any cruise elevator!

Denise

• Like 1
  • Haha 5