Sea Days or Port Days, what is your preference?

ilikeanswers

Sea Days or Port Days, what is your preference?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Sea Days or Port Days, what is your preference?

• Sea Days
    • Port Days
    • I like them both equally

Cruise are vacations we take maybe once every year or every other  year.   I do take many vacations per year, it is all about the ports and desire to do a a port / day or 6 ports in 7 or 8 days.   Beats doing that by land, nothing in life or vacation is optimal as a port per day is sometimes too short, and mostly just enough, so all about the ports

1 minute ago, sverigecruiser said:

Not because we have paid for the lunch but because we prefer to be on the ship. 

Why is that your preference?  We've had some incredible meals when traveling.  Actually what we remember as the two best meals of our lives were in Barcelona and Budapest.

Of course it depends on the ship and the ports.  If I were somehow on a cruise with stops at Freeport, Falmouth, Nassau and the like, I would stay on board.  On the other hand, if I wanted to see Rome, Venice and Paris,  I surely would not book a cruise stopping at Civita Vecchia, Livorno, and Cherbourg - I’d take a land trip. If I were on an NCL ship, I’d surely want to go ashore to get a good meal.

Our next cruise is in December on QM2 - primary motives were to have someone else handle the holiday hoopla, and to get away from Northeast chill for a bit without having to fly (or drive much more than an hour).  Having been on all the islands, the key decision to stay aboard or go ashore will depend upon the weather and our mood each morning.

Ideal for us would be 2-3 port days followed by 1-2 seas day to rest and relax, then repeat.   Can't do too many port days in a row any more.    The most sea days we've had was 9 days, (Yes, in a row!) on a LA>S. Pacific>LA cruise.    That was a little much, though it really didn't get to us until about Day 6.   

8 hours ago, clo said:

Why is that your preference?  We've had some incredible meals when traveling.  Actually what we remember as the two best meals of our lives were in Barcelona and Budapest.

People cruise for different reasons. I know that one of your reasons is to try local food but I don't care about that. I want to relax and don't think that it's relaxing to try to find the best local food. 

I have eaten great food in Barcelona too but that was before the cruise when I needed to find something to eat.