Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, George C said:

One of my all time favorite suites was on sister ship Brilliance we had a corner aft suite # 1600 on our 12 day Mediterranean cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary  6 years ago . 

Hi George, could you tell us a few things that made that suite your favorite?  We have it coming up but have never been in it before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Serenade the sister of Jewel is one of our favorite ships.    They are identical deck plans.   

We enjoy hump balconies as well as the standard OVB (balconies are extended - not fully covered - see deck plan for cabins 7154/7664 thru 7176/7664).    Hump OVB cabins 8586 and 9592 are nice. 

JS Aft 9256 is really nice and usually sells out quick

Yes, we have been on Radiance Class ships quite a few times on Radiance and Serenade, Never on Jewel or Brilliance though.

We have stayed in #9256 before and also one of the handicap cabins on deck 7(by the centrum) when it wasn't booked by  anyone after final payment, so we grabbed it. for our RT to Hawaii from San Diego many, many years ago.

Think for Jewel though we may book a bump out cabin rather then aft cabins even though some of those are available.

Leaning on taking Jewel now and not Anthem for the Norway leg. that @dani negreanu found us. Like that one better because it goes further north.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GW248 said:

Hi George, could you tell us a few things that made that suite your favorite?  We have it coming up but have never been in it before.

It was a unique design,  we always book grand suites but floor plan was different and the view was amazing perfect for our Mediterranean cruise. We had a great roll call and did fantastic private excursion with rest of our roll call. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

South Carolina is the Worst highway along the I-95 Corridor heading South.  We lose most of our time driving through that State.  Sorry your trip took so much longer than you had hoped for.

Don't tell me that! We were actually thinking about looking at houses in South Carolina. If we eventually move to the other house and live there for 2 years and then move somewhere else. Although Bill is very interested in Margaritaville communities. 😃

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GW248 said:

The size is great, and the view is awesome. The entryway is a little odd in that it elbows. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Don't tell me that! We were actually thinking about looking at houses in South Carolina. If we eventually move to the other house and live there for 2 years and then move somewhere else. Although Bill is very interested in Margaritaville communities. 😃

We live in SC and spend very little time on 95.  Heading north we get on in NC and heading south we get on close to Charleston so not too much of the mess that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, akcruz said:

We live in SC and spend very little time on 95.  Heading north we get on in NC and heading south we get on close to Charleston so not too much of the mess that way.

Thanks! Your tree and grandkids are beautiful!

I may inquire more later about bugs. ☺️

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, we have been on Radiance Class ships quite a few times on Radiance and Serenade, Never on Jewel or Brilliance though.

We have stayed in #9256 before and also one of the handicap cabins on deck 7(by the centrum) when it wasn't booked by  anyone after final payment, so we grabbed it. for our RT to Hawaii from San Diego many, many years ago.

Think for Jewel though we may book a bump out cabin rather then aft cabins even though some of those are available.

Leaning on taking Jewel now and not Anthem for the Norway leg. that @dani negreanu found us. Like that one better because it goes further north.

The Jewel itinerary on May 30th is really nice then add on celebrity equinox to make it a nice 21 nights of sailing with a couple of extra days sounds perfect!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The Jewel itinerary on May 30th is really nice then add on celebrity equinox to make it a nice 21 nights of sailing with a couple of extra days sounds perfect!    

Have a deck 7 bump out Cabin on Hold (12 nighter( $4076)..............afts were $1500 more, just didn't think it was worth that much extra for an aft  Going through the Fjords, you will get the view from other side of ships when leaving the fjords............ Looking for cabin locations now for Equinox.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, it’s been a sad happy sad month!

I’ll be so glad when it’s over!

My beloved brother Bill died suddenly Dec 3. He was trying to turn over in bed and told my sister-in-law he felt weak. 
Eileen was trying to help him turn over and he went limp and was gone. She and then Rescue tried to bring him back, but it was no use. 
If anyone was the spirit of Christmas in our family, it was Bill. Years ago he put together many collages of photos going back years and adding new family members as they came along. He picked out pages and pages of Christmas songs, including a couple in German, one in Latin, and two in Spanish. No one in our family speaks Spanish, but we sing very enthusiastically. 
He had all of this bound and created family songbooks for our Christmas Eve singing. 
When they started talking about moving to NC, I took one of those songbooks added to the photos, and had a local printer make up new books for my ever growing branch of the family. 
Bill was a conscientious attorney, loving husband, brother, father, grandfather, and uncle with such a warm and giving heart. 
He could tell true life stories that would have everyone laughing helplessly. He was curious about everything and was always researching something that struck his fancy. He had our family’s travel gene, but didn’t head for the famous landmarks. He would find interesting people with interesting life stories wherever he went. 
Tomorrow night after our feast, my family here in Florida will pick up our songbooks and do our best without him. 
Here’s my brother Bill, on his first trip to Russia. He had a tutor for a year so he could meet people. Being Bill, the authorities presented no problem. 
Second is his lawyer self. Always honest, always caring. 
Last is the Christmas ornament my granddaughters named Uncle Billy almost 30 years ago. It’s always second on the tree after Angela goes on top. 
Hug your loved ones. Make sure they know they are loved. We are never promised tomorrow. 

84A97938-7F2F-44C8-8E3D-E32E02759E3B.jpeg

923E7393-2245-4314-B205-D87E303D75D9.jpeg

1C146FB8-3789-4AD1-83FE-2C42C74F4EAD.jpeg

Oh I am so sorry for you and your family. May he rest in eternal peace.

And what a lovely couple. Many happy wishes for them!

• Like 1

@jagsfan Mimi thank you for sharing your lows and highs. I know you must have mixed emotions. One of sadness and another of joy. I can only hope that all the great memories you had will give you comfort and happiness seeing two people start a life together. Peace be with you.

• Like 4

@Arzeena Thank you.

My DH and I have never sailed with RCCL. I started reading Dani’s thread during the Covid lockdown and found it to be like a neighborhood with folks sharing their everyday lives. Almost three years later, I continue to enjoy the postings which now include cruising and vacation experiences.

We have the most loyalty level with Princess, though we have sailed with Celebrity,NCL and Cunard. We began cruise vacations with the Big Red Boat around 1987.

Apparently everyone has a doppelgänger. Maybe you met my double on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Wishing you a lovely holiday !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Wishing a Merry Christmas to those here celebrating and a year filled with many good days for everyone.

We are decorated and waiting for Santa !

MJ🙋🏻

968D0A2F-4571-49DF-B26F-B5181F98EE67.jpeg

F09D4A54-8ABE-49DE-A6D3-5C1CC5A0B672.jpeg

You have a lovely home 🏡 

We had a similar snowman decoration that use to belong to my mother. It had decorated holes and you put a candle inside and it shone through.

Unhappily I broke it last year

Merry Christmas to you too

• Like 5

🎶It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 🎶

Hope everybody managed to get where they wanted to be for Christmas and your holiday plans are going well.

Ham cooked yesterday. Today prep the turkey and veggies, make a chocolate log for pud, and make our traditional Christmas Eve lasagne for tonight.  Looking forward to hearing the traditional nine lessons and carols on the radio this afternoon whilst I finish up last minute tasks and then...... relax 🥂

Wishing everyone on Dani's lovely thread a Very Happy Christmas if you celebrate and Happy Holidays if you don't 20221223_152833.thumb.jpg.bc0348d1a492a938bc155f21a0b2cb54.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, sgmn said:

You have a lovely home 🏡 

We had a similar snowman decoration that use to belong to my mother. It had decorated holes and you put a candle inside and it shone through.

Unhappily I broke it last year

Merry Christmas to you too

You really do MJ. It is absolutely beautiful. I wish our house looked as lovely as yours. 

• Thanks 1