Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I have hesitated sharing. I wanted final results first but my experience keeps getting longer.
You may remember me mentioning that my balance has been getting bad and my legs have gotten weak.  After our Disney trip I finally agreed to go to the Doctors.  Short version,  Friday I had a Nerve Conduction Study and EMG. He was very thorough,  1hr and 20 minutes.  I am not a doctor so my wording may not be perfect. The results of the EMG showed Motor Neuron damage. Yesterday I had a Neurologist appointment.  Again very thorough,  3 1/2 hours with no breaks or waiting.   Many things tested.  She wants me to have some MRIs to see if she can find a different reason. I wanted to wait until the MRI results but that, as of now, will be mid April. 
Based on the EMG and my symptoms the Neurologist says ALS is probable.   With the MRIs being put off she has asked me to come in to discuss different treatments.
I, like most here, know the care we have for one another so I felt I should share.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have hesitated sharing. I wanted final results first but my experience keeps getting longer.
You may remember me mentioning that my balance has been getting bad and my legs have gotten weak.  After our Disney trip I finally agreed to go to the Doctors.  Short version,  Friday I had a Nerve Conduction Study and EMG. He was very thorough,  1hr and 20 minutes.  I am not a doctor so my wording may not be perfect. The results of the EMG showed Motor Neuron damage. Yesterday I had a Neurologist appointment.  Again very thorough,  3 1/2 hours with no breaks or waiting.   Many things tested.  She wants me to have some MRIs to see if she can find a different reason. I wanted to wait until the MRI results but that, as of now, will be mid April. 
Based on the EMG and my symptoms the Neurologist says ALS is probable.   With the MRIs being put off she has asked me to come in to discuss different treatments.
I, like most here, know the care we have for one another so I felt I should share.

I hope and pray that you will get good results,John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Try to take it one day at a time until things are more conclusive. Easy for me to say. I am praying for you.

☘️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Definitely important to have the MRIs. Please keep us informed as testing progresses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Is it just me?

Noticed this pic yesterday of Kenzie taken just last Summer. 

2022_152108.thumb.jpg.65bd7ca71b14bbee0067c9ab6fb3980e.jpg

And this is from yesterday.   She looks to me like she is growing up so fast.  I love how her hair grows longer on the sides than the front. 

1_104725.thumb.jpg.58b9f6ec24b5e5e46d1a5b8af881d0d8.jpg

Kenzie came over today and as always headed straight to see how Finnley was doing. 

2finnley_130546.thumb.jpg.a0f811ee35d54c60c59e7a48722df951.jpg

3_133657.thumb.jpg.25bad0f2e4293d15e2997f83b07dc837.jpg

Then she wanted me to play with a balloon.   She would run up and throw it at me. 

4b_134034.thumb.jpg.50fc5682d0efbeaf7ebb850f7b0b94b1.jpg

4b_134028.thumb.jpg.805b314f305319bbcc7494de72336d0f.jpg

It's always fun to have Grandkids over!

Thank you for posting sweet Kenzie pictures. 

I noticed her hair getting longer in your Disney pics.  They do grow up fast.   She is extra special in my heart.  I hope to meet someday and have her drive😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Definitely important to have the MRIs. Please keep us informed as testing progresses. 

I helped a young nurse set a record. She drew 11 vials of blood for testing.   Before me her high was 10.

They also tested my breathing and decided to order a Trilogy machine to be delivered to my house.  We will see if insurance will approve it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

thank you for sharing.  I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep us updated as you want to.  There is a lot of care on this thread and hopefully you can feel the warmth of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid  I am mostly a lurker on here mostly to do with not being able to keep up. I felt I needed to post that I will thinking of you and sending my prayers. I love you sharing pics of your beautiful grandchildren and that Kenzie is not only so gorgeous she is such a happy child. I love seeing them all!  

Take care.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sending prayers and hugs to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So this evening I went out with one group of my girlfriends (we were all relocated to Brussels at the same time in the eighties...).

Besides enjoying an evening out, the aim was to "change the atmosphere" for one of our friends, who started chemo not long ago, and it was the first time she went out with "false hair" (on my right).

image.thumb.jpeg.21e4b21e11289f57472b3ceddad1bc79.jpeg

I admire her for being so upbeat and optimistic.

And here in better times, on a cruise to the Canaries (2015, Anthem), with our guide in Lisbon and her DH.image.thumb.jpeg.f85c5542a42afc0fe2e5654c1fa2323f.jpeg

Lovely photos Dani.

Prayers 🙏 for your friend having successful chemo treatment.

It is sunny and 30°F here at 08.00am in North East England.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our prayers 🙏 and best wishes John for your treatment to be successful and your health to be good.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I helped a young nurse set a record. She drew 11 vials of blood for testing.   Before me her high was 10.

They also tested my breathing and decided to order a Trilogy machine to be delivered to my house.  We will see if insurance will approve it.

My thoughts and prayers too with you and your family.  I hope the tests and MRIs show positive results . So sorry you're having to go through this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ahh John, sorry to hear you are having to go through all of this.   Praying and hoping the test results have a favorable outcome for you.  

I'm sure this is all very scary.   Stay positive.   And Thank you for sharing.  We are all here for you.❤

Please keep us posted

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I try to live in the present and follow "The past is gone, the future is not here, now I am free of both."
Sharing here in case it helps somebody.

It is very liberating. I used to worry about the past and future all the time!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you for posting sweet Kenzie pictures. 

I noticed her hair getting longer in your Disney pics.  They do grow up fast.   She is extra special in my heart.  I hope to meet someday and have her drive😁

+ 1 💕

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@Ozark_Kid Thank you for sharing & keep us updated as much as you want. Send positive vibes your way. 

@Ozark_Kid

John, I'm very saddened by the so far results, but optimistic that whatever it is, it was caught early and new drugs and treatments are emerging. Just read about a promising drug - Relyvrio.

Glad you decided to share.

In speaking with my friend, she told me she has chosen to share instead of hiding the fact that she's facing metastatic breast cancer. She said that all the energy people invest in hiding should be put into keeping a positive attitude -- "A healthy soul in a healthy body".

Take care, you're in my thoughts.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3