Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The double points promo only applies to bookings made prior to Dec 31, 2020.  If you book a 2021 cruise in 2021 no double points. 

human nature that there will be people upset that someone got a better deal than they did. 

Yes but the post says no double points for a January cruise booked today,  2020.

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yes but the post says no double points for a January cruise booked today,  2020.

You may have missed the first part of my post that you have to fast forward to January, meaning come back to this thread in January and wait for the complaints to come in.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You may have missed the first part of my post that you have to fast forward to January, meaning come back to this thread in January and wait for the complaints to come in.

I guess I read it literally.   Clearly double points are not for cruises booked in 2021.  Moved my January cruise to 2022.  Have 4 left for 2021.  We'll see.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes we confused them. I was trying to be funny asking john to re explain what the math is on double points.

To those of you that are thinking everything is doubled, I would suggest you get clarification from RCI.

As I said in an earlier post, when we cruised during Diamonds in December they doubled the points but it was only double the per night sailing, not double the "bonus" point for a suite. We only got 3 points per night, not 4,  in a suite.

Just sayin......

Edited by 2chiefs

5 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

To those of you that are thinking everything is doubled, I would suggest you get clarification from RCI.

As I said in an earlier post, when we cruised during Diamonds in December they doubled the points but it was only double the per night sailing, not double the "bonus" point for a suite. We only got 3 points per night, not 4,  in a suite.

Just sayin......

Yeah I'm waiting to see how this actually works once cruising restarts.  We'll see... 

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Just sayin......

I have it in writing from a very senior person at Royal.  It is double and was clarified days ago.  It was only a mix up the first day or two

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The double points promo only applies to bookings made prior to Dec 31, 2020.  If you book a 2021 cruise in 2021 no double points. 

human nature that there will be people upset that someone got a better deal than they did. 

Of course you don’t see any of those attitudes here. 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Just sayin......

This has been clarified many pages back. 

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I actually have to book a cruise to get double points?

Why can't they just double the points I already have? 😁 That might encourage me to book a cruise for next year.

Not fair that the people spending money are actually getting a better deal!!! 😆

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I actually have to book a cruise to get double points?

Why can't they just double the points I already have? 😁 That might encourage me to book a cruise for next year.

Not fair that the people spending money are actually getting a better deal!!! 😆

Wow- I like this!!  Double me up....

NJ 

• Like 1

Hmm, would I get double points if there are no cruises in 2021?

Let's see, 2 x 0 = 0

If I'm single and booking a suite, the result would still be 0.

Before we all worry about how many double points we will be getting, we better hope that there will be cruising at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Just sayin......

Does the rank insignia line up over the person?  Since the E9 insignia is on the left, was it earned by the person on the left?  Asking for a friend.

6 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Hmm, would I get double points if there are no cruises in 2021?

Let's see, 2 x 0 = 0

If I'm single and booking a suite, the result would still be 0.

Before we all worry about how many double points we will be getting, we better hope that there will be cruising at all.

LOL...exactly the point I was making the last few posts I made.  Easy to offer double points on cruises that won't happen.  😉  I don't see my B2B Freedom in January going.....thus will match your "zero points" with mine.  😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

LOL...exactly the point I was making the last few posts I made.  Easy to offer double points on cruises that won't happen.  😉  I don't see my B2B Freedom in January going.....thus will match your "zero points" with mine.  😄 

I would love it if our Enchantment cruise out Of San Juan went in February, but listening to the today's news of record breaking new cases causes realism to set it.

Maybe RCCL could create virtual cruises - no masks required, sunbathing or otherwise - lounge experience with wine delivered to your home - the latest shows broadcast over the internet - no chair hogs - virtual food menus - double points (of course).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

So RCI will be handling the double point issue the same way they took care of the $18.00 drink packages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Just sayin......

This is why I asked john to explain to me what double meant, hahahahaha. No one seems to be willing to read the thread and pops in asking. I thought I would beat them to the punch and ask on this page too.

Maybe a sticky at the top of the page, 2 pts x 2 = 4, 3 pts x 2 = 6, 4 pts x 2 = 8. 

But it's kind of funny to me. 

• Like 1