Merged Topics - Server Errors

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Lucky to have my roll call access but I often get an error message that says I am not authorized..I click in a few times  and it usually works   but help desk said they did not know why it does not let me log right in. 

Maybe they need  a troubleshooter apart from the ones who set it up....hope it  gets on track soon!

I find that happens often for me, too, but if I just wait a few seconds CC reloads on its own and all is well.

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if they found that the Gallery and the sidebar pics were causing the problem....

Yes, it would be ironically interesting.  Maybe it's my animated avatar????

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

CC IT dept. must be run by the same folks responsible for the X and Royal websites.  Terrible and unacceptable.

1 hour ago, bemis12 said:

It is now officially time to begin firing IT people until the problem is solved.

It might be time to ask for a refund.  Or wait a minute, this is a wonderful site that provides us a forum for free.

I share in everyone’s frustration, mostly because I miss being able to use this tool, but no reason to be nasty.  I can only imagine the pressure the people that are working on this problem must feel.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

It might be time to ask for a refund.  Or wait a minute, this is a wonderful site that provides us a forum for free.

I share in everyone’s frustration, mostly because I miss being able to use this tool, but no reason to be nasty.  I can only imagine the pressure the people that are working on this problem must feel.

RIGHT?  As someone who works in the industry, people who have the shortest fuse generally have the least idea of how things actually work - especially when you have to go between groups and log trouble tickets.... calm down, it will be fixed.

Oh, and by the way... did everyone else enjoy their NYE and NYD?  Do you think this was a priority for the webhost company (which things like this almost certainly lie with)?  Guaranteed no, and they likely weren't even open to take the call.

Edited by WorkerBee74

Just now, coevan said:

people are jonesing for their CC fix

LOL, I do get it... but it's pretty funny that people think that things like this are a massive priority for a webhost company that very likely has been closed over New Year's Day (which was only, like yesterday, peeps).

50 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

LOL, I do get it... but it's pretty funny that people think that things like this are a massive priority for a webhost company that very likely has been closed over New Year's Day (which was only, like yesterday, peeps).

Gosh, I understand what you are trying to say in your two posts, but do you really believe keeping a site up and running is not a priority for a web host company?  

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Perhaps MySQL server did not receive its fair share of it's tips. :classic_tongue:

----> trying to bring the ever popular tipping debate over here!

Funny! - -  This is the only CC forum that is working right now, so might as well put it to "good" use.  :classic_biggrin:

Same, but for a few minutes here and there. I am someone who comes to this website and its boards when I am preparing to purchase or sail on my next cruise. And when I do, I become addicted and am on all day long every single day. Doubt I am alone. Almost all of the helpful knowledge I have re cruising is from this site. If cruise critic can't fix these kinds of IT issues more quickly and efficiently, this website will be much less useful, and I will stop using and relying on it. Please fix your IT issues!

I started seeing issues on Saturday evening, so this is now going on 5 days... I too am in IT and as a project manager, my butt would have been handed to me if I hadn't yet found at least an acceptable workaround by now, holiday or not!

Regardless, I've found that I've gotten just enough response intermittently that I'm getting my CC fix, so I'll just sit here, continuing to be patient!

30 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Gosh, I understand what you are trying to say in your two posts, but do you really believe keeping a site up and running is not a priority for a web host company?  

"A" site, or EVERY site?  I believe that there are probably a lot of different sites for the webhost.... who knows where this one falls?  And, I also know that there are service level agreements too, so depending on who they deem 'most important', you have no idea where CruiseCritic is on that list - and if there was someone manning trouble tickets during a holiday.

So as soon as I posted I logged out.  Then I checked my email and it actually took me to the post update.  Then I went to Royal's threads and logged in and now I can see and post in all.  Not sure if I did something or if everything is finally fixed.  I was not able to log in through emails for the last few days.

And of course now it comes up when I should already be asleep for work in the morning, ugg.

Edited by HOSKI

2 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

And of course now it comes up when I should already be asleep for work in the morning, ugg.

Work will still be there in the morning. Who knows if the forum will be up and running.  Better post now while you can! 

Boards appear to be back! 

Don’t forget it was a holiday!

I sail on the Regal Princess on 1/13 so was as anxious as everyone else for them to return.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Thanks 1