Merged Topics - Server Errors

Had no problems with access this morning, but started seeing the dreaded “sql server” message a couple of hours ago. But there’s an exception, if I receive a notification from a roll call, I can click on it and gain access. The only board I visit is Celebrity's and I can’t access that one at all.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

It isn't only the Celebrity forum that is experiencing this problem. 

True, but the Edge forum is full of thousands of pictures (maybe even more than that) that keep getting reposted again and again... I’m not a techie, but could it be the Cloud is reaching capacity?

5 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Happy New Year!

Thanks all for posting/emailing with updates re: the server issues.

I am working with our team to figure out what is going on.    I am getting the same error when choosing a ship from a cruiseline forum (ie: Selecting Carnival Breeze from the main Carnival forum to see all posts about that ship)

Is anyone getting the error doing anything else besides what I described above? Or notice anything else that you do before that error occurs?  Thanks for your help 🙂  

Hi Jenn,

I don't visit either RollCalls or cruise line forums (I rarely do), and I've only once seen the error message - which makes me feel very left-out :classic_biggrin:.

But I am getting very very s l o w access (the dreaded spiral of death) across other forums, including rarely-visited forums, altho the delay is very variable. Been that way since about noon GMT on New Year's Day.

It gives me flash-backs of dial-up :classic_ohmy:

JB :classic_wacko: 

Edited by John Bull

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

Over the past few days I've had difficulty accessing the CC site.  I get frequent time outs with SQL error messages.  In fact it took me about 20 minutes of trying to just log on to CC this morning.   I am not experiencing this issue with any other sites.  Is there a problem at CC or a setting or something that is causing this stumble?  

Thanks.   

Soooo, I created a new post asking about a server problem. I now see my post was merged into this thread about server errors. 

Because this was headed as the forum for posting problems, I thought maybe an answer would be forthcoming.  Does someone from CC actually respond?  Is the answer buried somewhere in the 200+ posts in this merged thread?   I guess I'm a little confused at this point.     

Edited by ldubs
I see in Post 179 that CC is working on the issue.

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

Hmmm, ...  Is it just a coincidence that the app has reappeared - about the same time that access errors (timeouts?)  to the cruise subforums occurred? 

Are people using the app able to access the subforums during the downtime?  

I reinstalled both the CC & the Tapatalk apps from the Apple App Store but was unable to sign in to them.  

Using the apps for the Princess forum without being signed in only displayed the 3 stickies from the top of the forum & none of the threads.

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yes. They responded to an Email I sent them last night saying they are aware of the problem and working on it. CC was fully functional up until about 10:00 AM MST today.  

Explains why I could access Princess board this a.m., but can't now.  I use Chrome.

Edited by BarbinMich

1 hour ago, mkcurran said:

But where has it gone? And why didn't it take me with it?

Perhaps MySQL server did not receive its fair share of it's tips. :classic_tongue:

----> trying to bring the ever popular tipping debate over here!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ecslady said:

On a good note, for the last 2 hours or so, I have not had an issue.  For time reference it is now 7 PM eastern time.

Nearly 10 past midnight here (00:07 Thurs) and I’m still having problems getting on the X board.

Seems to be the big cruise line forums (RCI, Carnival, Holland, etc) that are having the issue. The smaller cruise line forums as well as the various ports, special interest, etc forums I have no problems accessing.

I can also access threads I have previously posted on.

7:10PM ET update from my end (in case any of the oddities below help @Jenn with the troubleshooting): 

1. Using Chrome (and logged in): I could access the HAL board, open one thread, and then I could not access anything else on the HAL board; I eventually got the SQL server error message

2. Also on Chrome (and logged in): I could not access the Celebrity board at all

3.  Using IE (and  NOT logged in): I could access the Celebrity forum instantly

4. I then tried to log on to CC on IE and could not -- I got the SQL server error message

5.  I logged out of CC on Chrome and was able to log back in; still can't access the Cruise Line forums

Edited by Turtles06

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

Hmmm, ...  Is it just a coincidence that the app has reappeared - about the same time that access errors (timeouts?)  to the cruise subforums occurred? 

Are people using the app able to access the subforums during the downtime?  

Looking at the Celeb  threads  I followed...nothing has been posted  since it went down..

Lucky to have my roll call access but I often get an error message that says I am not authorized..I click in a few times  and it usually works   but help desk said they did not know why it does not let me log right in. 

Maybe they need  a troubleshooter apart from the ones who set it up....hope it  gets on track soon!

Most of the day today and yesterday I have been unable to access the main ship forums. Have no issue with Roll Calls or with less busy cruise line forums like MSC. Access to forums like Celebrity comes and goes for me. Sometimes I get in and can scroll through threads and start reading some but then the access dries up after 5 minutes or so. Other times I can't even get into the Celebrity forum at all. This applies to all the different browsers I've tried and phone and laptop.

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Looking at the Celeb  threads  I followed...nothing has been posted  since it went down..

Lucky to have my roll call access but I often get an error message that says I am not authorized..I click in a few times  and it usually works   but help desk said they did not know why it does not let me log right in. 

Maybe they need  a troubleshooter apart from the ones who set it up....hope it  gets on track soon!

The "I am not authorized " error is completely different. I get that all the time.  I usually access CC from my work or home computer or my iPad. I never log out of CC. When I pull up the page , it often gives me that error and then the page refreshes and the error is gone, and I see the threads I have subscribed to. All my devices are Macs  but of varying  ages. Nothing really new. 

Edited by ecslady