Lighthearted- what would you bring in case of confinement to cabin?

celoplyr

My mom and I were talking about this, obviously in light of the quarantine, but I realized that a norovirus case could also confine you to cabin.  So what would you bring just in case?  

Let's say the ground rules are: nothing more than would fit in a gallon sized ziploc bag.  Only things to keep you from going insane from boredom, medications would be separate.  Must get past the ship security (no alcohol beyond what you can normally bring).  Let's say there's a spending cap of $100 for supplying this. Assume you have internet but no streaming. No personal helicopters 🙂

• Like 2

We decided on a very small full sized Parcheesi, 2 decks of cards (for canasta and all other card games), 10 dice for dice games, extra micro sd cards for our tablets with movies on them, and downloaded exercise videos.  Books on the Kindle app.  Uno and Phase 10 if it will fit.  Maaaaybe (if odds are higher than normal, like I was cruising Asia right now) I would bring material to make a cross stitch project.  

I also realized that i actually came close to being confined to cabin for a couple days.  I had gallbaldder issues right before my last cruise, and was throwing up. I didn't realize until after my cruise that it was the gallbaldder, so I had to say "yes"  to the medical forms, and had to get checked out. Luckily the doc determined it wasn't norovirus so I was allowed to go on with no confinement. 

Right now, DH and I have Kindle Paperwhites, and I am downloading faster than reading these days.  I probably have 2 years of material on my Kindle, reading one book/day.  We also have iPads we could load up with shows with the purchase of additional memory.  

I will would probably include a deck of cards, and my current knitting project.  

56 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Even though I have the Kindle app on my phone, I usually bring a book.

It's not something we'd really thought about before. Next trip we'll definitely have to think about throwing cards, dice, or other small game in the bag.

We travel with dominoes.

• Like 1

I usually travel solo, so most games wouldn't work and I'm not into solitaire.

I always bring my fully-loaded Kindle and a small laptop, so that doesn't count. Not sure what I'd stick in the bag -- a memory stick or cards with shows I've been meaning to watch; a book of NYT crosswords; maybe one of those adult coloring books and colored pencils.

I'd probably start writing that novel I keep meaning to get to... :classic_cool:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I usually travel solo, so most games wouldn't work and I'm not into solitaire.

I always bring my fully-loaded Kindle and a small laptop, so that doesn't count. Not sure what I'd stick in the bag -- a memory stick or cards with shows I've been meaning to watch; a book of NYT crosswords; maybe one of those adult coloring books and colored pencils.

I'd probably start writing that novel I keep meaning to get to... :classic_cool:

Bob plays all manner of card games online. Cribbage, gin.

No booze and no streaming? Ahhhhhhhhhhh! How much Advil would fit into a gallon Ziploc? I would likely download a lot more movies than I usually do onto my tablet. Plus books on the reader. I like the idea of adult coloring books and pencil crayons - it can take me a couple of weeks just to get one 2 page spread done. We usually pack a deck of cards and our travel Scrabble.

17 hours ago, celoplyr said:

My mom and I were talking about this, obviously in light of the quarantine, but I realized that a norovirus case could also confine you to cabin.  So what would you bring just in case?  

Let's say the ground rules are: nothing more than would fit in a gallon sized ziploc bag.  Only things to keep you from going insane from boredom, medications would be separate.  Must get past the ship security (no alcohol beyond what you can normally bring).  Let's say there's a spending cap of $100 for supplying this. Assume you have internet but no streaming. No personal helicopters 🙂

A portable CD player and every classic rock song from 1965 to 1985.

• Like 1

My iPad so I could download as many books as I needed to keep me occupied.  (I prefer actual books.)  A deck of cards.  Earbuds for the iPad (which already has about half a dozen of my all time favorite movies on it), pad and journal along with pencils, pens, and highlighters to write letters and make lists (I'm a compulsive list maker), a book of NY Times crossword puzzles.  

The usual kindle and puzzle books we take on TA cruises, when it's pleasant to have a couple of hours relaxing in the cabin.

I'll add a large pack of blank greeting cards+ envelopes, and a big pack of gel pens, to make my Christmas cards!  😁

• Like 2

If you're quarantined because of "noro", you will want nothing but bed (and a toilet).....you aren't going to feel like playing games, or watching movies, etc....you are SICK.

Now...if you were under a quarantine to PREVENT spread of illness, and you're NOT sick...hopefully, you have a couple good books.  Gonna be quite bored, I'd think.