Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Graycie. I hope you have comfort in knowing that you gave her a great life of love, food, warmth and security. She will live in your hearts forever.

@Jimbo Jim,

😢

[ I didn't want to quote all the compassionate and beautiful posts, even though they represent my thoughts (((( )))) ]

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for all the requests to see more of Lizzy and Charlie. I sometimes forget to document their life and growth. Here is a video of one of their nightly routines. I call this game, "Yackity Yack."

I would just love to know what they're saying to each other in "dogese" language!

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Jane,

I am happy to read that you are feeling better. What a lot of things to deal with at the same time! I thnk you need a nice cruise to recoup and recover.😉 Take care!

Lol b2b allure in dec. Imo prices are high vs later but everyone was excited to do allure as soon as she arrived. I'm supposed to be sailing with from sea to shining sea. She and hubby got covid and missed some holy land sailing but I am assuming boarded symphony for the TA home. I dont know when it's set to arrive. I'm hoping she got my message to book the shows which are now open to book for allure. 

I was also happy to read that allure doesnt have fresh but has changed to those items just not the newer name for that venue. Lol the guy I mentioned wearing shorts to formal night is on allure this week and also the 2nd leg of my dec b2b. And I'm booked 2 legs with him on harmony and then I added the 3rd week to cruise with helen (sea to shining sea) and so between them booked 3 weeks on harmony 2023. 3 seems excessive. Never did that long. Grandeur is my current record and was a bit long but harmony might be ok. Cant bring myself to cancel a week. 

Luckily for different reasons my ta moved my radiance from jan 30 to march 27. I'm kinda glad as I think my mom will be needing me. She picked up colitis in the hospital it seems and this place has her in isolation where you need to wear a gown and mask to visit. I'm concerned she is losing ground laying in bed. 

Sorry no pets to post. I knew I wanted to cruise and didnt replace mine gone to heaven. I do look at everyone elses pictures. Love them all.

• Like 8

I know I have been missing here for about a week, and I am about 40 pages behind.  Sometimes, life just gets in the way.  

This week is shaping up to be much the same, with just a new set of problems.  We are just talking them a day at a time. This morning, I am at the hospital with my daughter, and my granddaughter is in another hospital about 90 miles away. 

So I would rather talk about good stuff.  This weekend, we put up our Christmas tree.  One of the things I like, are some of the special ornaments.  We have had several pieces of the grandkid’s artwork made into Christmas ornaments. 

Granddaughter painted this one on a mini canvas, when she was 4. 

1285BCD8-4F4F-4652-8780-E872112646E5.thumb.jpeg.44d3d026727635f157801e4b655e8d8c.jpeg

Her brother painted a similar one, and he would have been 7 at the time. 

21E24A08-1CB9-4315-A771-C9A0A77A2E76.thumb.jpeg.c5ab5ddd41382724d6d1c48b761bc2f4.jpeg

A few of the others they did since then, had rather abstract forms.  

92320D3A-28F7-4411-8CC3-399C2F79F794.thumb.jpeg.28ba4a033f2d502b1f988f2a74389243.jpeg

3E1FFAD4-F312-493F-927F-0D61C88DEEB8.thumb.jpeg.8c7d4a6ae82b5997fcadee257dde11e1.jpeg

Even my grandson in California had his unique self portrait one.  I don’t think anyone will recognize him from it though. 

BE9B45B1-C06B-4B73-B385-03292E0C6996.thumb.jpeg.035980a84198c0b4e3508081c819625a.jpeg

And, lastly, although not an ornament, this elf is something I cut from scrap wood, when my kids were little.  They took turns painting each section, and they always still look for the elf climbing the tree.  

0111CA2C-50BD-4385-99AF-DEC6858D18CD.thumb.jpeg.7d0c80dde296c3ed9617a2cf0c7cc4de.jpeg

I know I have probably missed a lot here, but I hope all of you are well. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I know I have been missing here for about a week, and I am about 40 pages behind.  Sometimes, life just gets in the way.  

This week is shaping up to be much the same, with just a new set of problems.  We are just talking them a day at a time. This morning, I am at the hospital with my daughter, and my granddaughter is in another hospital about 90 miles away. 

So I would rather talk about good stuff.  This weekend, we put up our Christmas tree.  One of the things I like, are some of the special ornaments.  We have had several pieces of the grandkid’s artwork made into Christmas ornaments. 

Granddaughter painted this one on a mini canvas, when she was 4. 

1285BCD8-4F4F-4652-8780-E872112646E5.thumb.jpeg.44d3d026727635f157801e4b655e8d8c.jpeg

Her brother painted a similar one, and he would have been 7 at the time. 

21E24A08-1CB9-4315-A771-C9A0A77A2E76.thumb.jpeg.c5ab5ddd41382724d6d1c48b761bc2f4.jpeg

A few of the others they did since then, had rather abstract forms.  

92320D3A-28F7-4411-8CC3-399C2F79F794.thumb.jpeg.28ba4a033f2d502b1f988f2a74389243.jpeg

3E1FFAD4-F312-493F-927F-0D61C88DEEB8.thumb.jpeg.8c7d4a6ae82b5997fcadee257dde11e1.jpeg

Even my grandson in California had his unique self portrait one.  I don’t think anyone will recognize him from it though. 

BE9B45B1-C06B-4B73-B385-03292E0C6996.thumb.jpeg.035980a84198c0b4e3508081c819625a.jpeg

And, lastly, although not an ornament, this elf is something I cut from scrap wood, when my kids were little.  They took turns painting each section, and they always still look for the elf climbing the tree.  

0111CA2C-50BD-4385-99AF-DEC6858D18CD.thumb.jpeg.7d0c80dde296c3ed9617a2cf0c7cc4de.jpeg

I know I have probably missed a lot here, but I hope all of you are well. 

Sending good thoughts to you and your family.  I love how creative your family is.  That elf is genius.

• Like 3

I am blessed to have some happy news. 👼 Six days ago our fourth grandchild was born. I can't do names or pics, but this healthy baby is a girl and joins our grandson and other two granddaughters. 

Their ages are 5y, 3y, 1y, and almost one week 😉.

This was the first child for our younger son. 

Best wishes to all of you.

• Like 26

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

That is absolutely beautiful! It would be so wonderful and to see the awesome borealis lights. Although, I guess you would probably get inured to them after a while. If they were where you lived. What a neat thing! 😀

Thanks for explaining your migration. I loved visiting Vancouver and the Stanley Park Zoo and watching the polar bears every Easter, when we lived in Seattle when I was younger. 

I guess the zoo became sort of sort of derelict, as you mention about the area around Davie. The area around the area around the Ballantyne Pier was kind of like that, too. That's too bad. We enjoyed the aquarium on our last visit.

You have mentioned your profession previously. So, I kind of understand. I am glad that you are in California, and that you are here on Cruise Critic. I hope we have the opportunity to meet you onboard, or maybe next time you are in the East Bay? ☺️

Would love to meet up one day.  They shut the zoo down in 1996.  The aquarium is not as popular anymore now for the average person to go to now that they don't have whales and dolphins. It is still popular with schools for field trips though.

Cruises departing out of Ballantine was always weird to me.  It is an industrial zone and primarily a container port. My first cruise on Serenade back in 07 was out of Ballantyne.  Canada place was the place to get on and off cruise ships. Beautiful scenery and amazing hotel right there and walking distance to and from both downtown business district and entertainment district.  But I realize that Canada Place can only handle two ships at a time, hence the use of Ballantyne.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Very sad day here,last night at 1:20 am our Feral Cat we got 4 years ago passed here at home.

She has been through alot but now is in a better place.

Graycie had FIV and later she had Feline Leukemia, she also had to have all her teeth extracted because of infections.

Last few days she wasn't eating or drinking. I really think she knew it was time. I was with her when she passed.

My Wife is heart broken, she followed my Wife around the house everywhere,she was her shadow I used to say. She even used to sleep on my Wife's back while sleeping.She was always close to Wife where ever she was in the house.

First picture is of her helping my Wife working from home.

Second picture was taken just yesterday afternoon

Still with a smile on her face. A real trooper. That is the way we want to remember her.

We both are going to miss her greatly.

RIP Graycie

Resized_20221003_114526.jpeg

Resized_20221113_103845.jpeg

Our  cat sitter brought over this group pictures yesterday after hearing Graycie wasn't good.  Such a nice young lady to do this for us.

20221114_081219.jpg

7b2aa82b258e14f703d8d77c636097a4.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I left after university (UBC). I was posted right across the country to Gagetown New Brunswick. I know what you mean- even though every area of the country is beautiful (except for some areas of Ontario), mountains are where I feel most at home. If there’s an ocean, even better!

My husband loves the prairies- he was born in Edmonton. We do have plans to move to BC eventually, around Osoyoos.

Both DW and I went to SFU.  I had a buddy who went to UBC.  

The beauty of Vancouver is you can be in the mountains or the ocean, no matter where you start from, less than 25 minutes. Also with me as a skier, the area can't be beat.  There is three local ski hills in the North Shore mountains, another just to east in the Cascades, and its close proximity to Whistler Blackcomb, the greatest ski resort in all of North America, made it the most incredible area in the world to grow up in.  No matter where I live, I'll always be a Vancouver kid.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Very sad day here,last night at 1:20 am our Feral Cat we got 4 years ago passed here at home.

She has been through alot but now is in a better place.

Graycie had FIV and later she had Feline Leukemia, she also had to have all her teeth extracted because of infections.

Last few days she wasn't eating or drinking. I really think she knew it was time. I was with her when she passed.

My Wife is heart broken, she followed my Wife around the house everywhere,she was her shadow I used to say. She even used to sleep on my Wife's back while sleeping.She was always close to Wife where ever she was in the house.

First picture is of her helping my Wife working from home.

Second picture was taken just yesterday afternoon

Still with a smile on her face. A real trooper. That is the way we want to remember her.

We both are going to miss her greatly.

RIP Graycie

Resized_20221003_114526.jpeg

Resized_20221113_103845.jpeg

Our  cat sitter brought over this group pictures yesterday after hearing Graycie wasn't good.  Such a nice young lady to do this for us.

20221114_081219.jpg

I'm sorry Jim.  I truly understand. We lost ours back in the spring.  They really become part of the family.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Both DW and I went to SFU.  I had a buddy who went to UBC.  

The beauty of Vancouver is you can be in the mountains or the ocean, no matter where you start from, less than 25 minutes. Also with me as a skier, the area can't be beat.  There is three local ski hills in the North Shore mountains, another just to east in the Cascades, and its close proximity to Whistler Blackcomb, the greatest ski resort in all of North America, made it the most incredible area in the world to grow up in.  No matter where I live, I'll always be a Vancouver kid.

Chris went to SFU for his Bachelor’s! Forensic anthropology was his interest then- now he does training for the RCMP.

We loved Vancouver. We were extremely lucky to live in the Married Quarters at Jericho Beach. We couldn’t have afforded anything around there then, and especially now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for checking in. We are all here and wishing you the best.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

I am blessed to have some happy news. 👼 Six days ago our fourth grandchild was born. I can't do names or pics, but this healthy baby is a girl and joins our grandson and other two granddaughters. 

Congratulations!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for all the requests to see more of Lizzy and Charlie. I sometimes forget to document their life and growth. Here is a video of one of their nightly routines. I call this game, "Yackity Yack."

Imagine how much different their lives would be if you didn’t bring both of them home with you. Amazing how things work. 

• Like 9

Maybe this isnt appropriate but if you ever suspect you got sick from something your ate, like salad. Take the time to see your doctor and get antibiotics. The bacteria stay in your gut.

When I got sick I assumed was just me. I was b2b and didnt get back online until I think the following thursday night for my 2 free wifi days. People complain how dead roll calls are. I imagine seeing over 50 mostly all women post they got sick with diarrhea sat the prior week. I've never seen that many posting about something on any roll call. Men may have gotten sick but didnt post. Embarrassing subject. 

My first reaction  was I should let the ship know. Lol. Wound up at customer service with some dining mgr yelling, yes yelling at me and threatening me if I went to report it to medical. He said we must all have gotten the bug in cozumel and if it was food related they couldnt said so it wasnt possible we got it on the ship. If i went to medical I'd have medical charges, and probably be isolated to my cabin since no way of knowing what i had. He shouted.

Quite a few called rcl and tried to report it and also meet with indifference and worse. If it's not covid we dont care, we dont track other things. 

I stopped in Galveston asap when i disembarked and picked up imodium AD, but next time I'll visit my doctor sooner. Get some antibiotics sooner before i get really sick. Havent touched a salad since. Still scared. I know I gotta get over it, but I was sure sick. I have aarp medicare, so it's free to see my gp and lab work is done there at no cost. I really should have seen my doctor. Next time. Just saying see a doctor if you think you got sick from food... cant hurt and might save you from getting worse. 

I cant prove there were that many posting they all got sick same night, my roll call was another site, but easily 50 to 70. I think lunch in WJ last sea day. But who knows. Always going to be those who think couldnt have been rcl food. Just one more thing I only got off that week first port and ate and drank nothing in the port. It was beastly hot and just got back onboard and looked for a bar with a cold drink in ac. Didnt get off at all next 2 ports for those who think I might have picked it up in a port. 

We will see if I try a spinach salad on allure. My brain says no, but I need to get over it. It's my go to lunch when I cruise.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This weekend, we put up our Christmas tree.  One of the things I like, are some of the special ornaments.  We have had several pieces of the grandkid’s artwork made into Christmas ornaments. 

I love this idea. Great looking ornaments. I think Jonathan only made one ornament for our tree. We mostly have various pics of him as ornaments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

21 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Imagine how much different their lives would be if you didn’t bring both of them home with you. Amazing how things work. 

So true. They fight one minute like brothers and sisters and the next they are curled up laying on one another. They are so different in so many ways but you can see the bond they have that they know they are siblings. Life is good, a lot of work with them some times but it's good.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1