Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, George C said:

I don’t even look at the ports when booking a celebrity suite cruise , I wouldn’t upset me if we never left the ship . My wife likes shopping in St Thomas and depending on our mood we might do orient beach in St Maarten.

I've had several ports that I didn't bother getting off the ship, too. 

I've never understood people who get off in Falmouth just to go to Margaritaville to eat/drink/swim in the pool.  There's "free" food and (if you have a drink package) drinks and a pool on the ship -- why get off the ship just to do the same exact thing only costing more money?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've had several ports that I didn't bother getting off the ship, too. 

I've never understood people who get off in Falmouth just to go to Margaritaville to eat/drink/swim in the pool.  There's "free" food and (if you have a drink package) drinks and a pool on the ship -- why get off the ship just to do the same exact thing only costing more money?

Drink package and suite perks both have influenced our discussions to stay on the ship more often , definitely preferred it when rccl docked at Ocho Rios . 

• Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We just have a simple dinner. We decided a long time ago that we are not turkey fans. We have a roast chicken, Betty Crocker garlic mashed potatoes, canned asparagus, rolls, and two slices of frozen chocolate cream pie. It works for us, without a lot of preparation for 2 people. ☺️

• Like 13

1 hour ago, George C said:

I don’t even look at the ports when booking a celebrity suite cruise , I wouldn’t upset me if we never left the ship

I’ll go one further…we never get off the ship anymore.  We are currently only doing Caribbean cruises and we’ve seen/done everything we want to in those ports.  LOVE the ship when most people have gotten off!!  However I’ve learned to have a made up itinerary when people ask where we’re going.  When I used to say I have no idea; we don’t get off the ship…I got a lot of strange looks.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’ll go one further…we never get off the ship anymore.  We are currently only doing Caribbean cruises and we’ve seen/done everything we want to in those ports.  LOVE the ship when most people have gotten off!!  However I’ve learned to have a made up itinerary when people ask where we’re going.  When I used to say I have no idea; we don’t get off the ship…I got a lot of strange looks.

I have certain ports that I always get off at, because I adore snorkeling and have favorite spots in some places.  But definitely some ports there is no reason to get off the ship unless you just want to spend money.  I don't need to buy "stuff" and if I don't have a particular place to go, why get off a perfectly good ship???

• Like 6

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry, I had a senior moment, or two...

#29 is "Going rogue".

The new series is "The Recovery Agent".

I've made a real " 'balagan'/mish mash" ☹️

PS -- Barnes and Noble are working nights? 2am seems a bit "excessive"....😧

Oops my bad.  Yes, #29 is "Going Rogue".

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Yes. 

Our only child.

Giving us our first grandchild. 
A granddaughter to be. 

😃

Sue, be prepared for your heart to melt in approx. less than a month.  When she'll grab your finger and smile at you, you'll be a goner, forever in love.  Such a wonderful, indescribable feeling.  You and Rick will be over the moon!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 9

Sorry to bother everyone but am wondering what to do. I purchased some internet and soda package last Friday during Royal's wonderful IT problems. My credit card has 3 charges still pending for the same amount $323.90. I assumed they would have fallen off by now. My cart still has the items in it. I assume I must wait till they are no longer pending?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Sorry to bother everyone but am wondering what to do. I purchased some internet and soda package last Friday during Royal's wonderful IT problems. My credit card has 3 charges still pending for the same amount $323.90. I assumed they would have fallen off by now. My cart still has the items in it. I assume I must wait till they are no longer pending?

For my card(s), you can't do a lot in the way of disputing the charges until they're actually posted.  I think you're going to have to wait a little longer until something happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

I had 3 pending charges from Friday along with the successful purchase.  One went to my card on Tuesday, the rest fell off yesterday.  If you haven't booked what you want yet I would before they pull the "sale".  Of course tomorrow could bring a lower price who knows, but if so cancel and rebook.

Back hone from our Thanksgiving dinner/lunch.I had wonderful conversations with my grandkids and with friends of my daughter and son in law .I last saw this couple several years ago.My other daughter and husband left early because of a long drive home.I ate more today than I have in a very long time.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable day.

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Same thing here! 3 pending charges for the DBP on my credit card account. (Except mine are $857 each!) I thought they would drop off by now, as well. RC may have to do something on their end before they will, and I am guessing this happened to A LOT of people. 🤔Because of this fiasco, I am kind of guessing, that we will see sale prices again. 

• Like 1

We had a big family Thanksgiving - this was my husband's side. There were 20 children. Two of them are in high school and all the rest are younger. There were about 18 adults. Quite the scene, but we are used to it. There was turkey, ham, brisket, stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots, cornbread, salad. Desserts included apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, black and white cookies, Linzer cookies, and more. 

I was (luckily) a guest! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 🦃

Edited by mets07
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1