Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Speaking of spam texts or emails makes me think of a call DH got recently on his cell.  It was a recorded message saying it was from The City of _______ (the city we used to live in) and your utility bill is overdue.  Please pay immediately to avoid utilities being turned off.  He dismissed it as spam.  I said that didn’t sound like the more vague ones I’ve gotten…like they say it is about your Amazon account or it’s Social Security or the IRS.  How would a spammer even know you had utilities in this city?  His cell is registered in a completely different city.  

As often happens, the more I tried to convince him it didn’t sound like spam…the more adamant he became that I didn’t know what I was talking about.  Sigh.  He said he already paid the bill online and had a confirmation number.

Waited until the next morning and said to humor me could he just call the City and see if there was any issue with his account.  He grumbled but called.  Turns out it WAS a real call; the bill had not been paid.  For some unknown reason their website gives you a confirmation number before you push the Submit Payment button.  And he had not checked his credit card to see the post.

He thanked me.  (Was he sincere…😉)

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sounds like an action packed few days. Norwalk is part of CT Gold Coast so any house on the Sound has got to be gorgeous.  Enjoy! 

High temperature for Thursday is a sweltering 70. 😉

I came across a book with an interesting title.I have not read it but I am posting the name and author to you:

Leonard,My Life As A Cat

by Carlie Sorosiak

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

I guess I need to make a Lowe's run. 🙂

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Saw these at Lowes today. Thought about getting one or two & placing them on the edge of my property along the side of the road.

20230605_174333.thumb.jpg.72f4449cdbe9cc148cbc249e0b044938.jpg

turtles.jpg

• Like 9

We are going the end of September/beginning of October.

That's actually a great time of the year to go. Unbearable summer heat is gone but plenty warm enough to lounge by the pool.  And while it's always tourist season in Vegas, it does seem to be  less crowded after summer but before the holidays.  Also, no spring breakers and less conventions, trade shows & bachelor/Bachelorette parties.

My total subjective observations of course, I have no hard facts to back that up.

• Like 3

@A&L_Ont  @Ourusualbeach   and any other Canadian friends.  Hope you are doing well up in Ontario.  Hopefully the wildfires are not affecting any of you.  Be Safe!

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Those fires must be pretty large.  They say the haze we are seeing is from the fires.

Code Red in NYC area. Sounds dramatic but I guess it's means that's the haze is unhealthy to all & those with sensitive respiratory systems should stay inside.

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/nyc-unhealthy-air-quality-northeast-canada-wildfires

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Code Red in NYC area. Sounds dramatic but I guess it's means that's the haze is unhealthy to all & those with sensitive respiratory systems should stay inside.

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/nyc-unhealthy-air-quality-northeast-canada-wildfires

I have a mild case of asthma, rarely use inhaler in Dallas , but needed it last week in New York City and Buffalo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Question for @Sea DogGreg, Deb and the 10/21 Adventurers:
What was the price for the Coco Cay Beach Club excursion that you booked?

I am seeing $283 on one sailing and $168 on the other sailing in my CP (August and September).

This is a great itinerary and I looked at it (for Tortola), but cannot work the dates since we will be on the Equinox ABC.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We paid $170pp on 3/22/23 for a total of $354. I wish you could join us!

Same Arzeena. I booked it yesterday for Adventure at 170.99 pp. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Same Arzeena. I booked it yesterday for Adventure at 170.99 pp. 

I was hoping to book the sailing and looked at S2S option (Equinox to Adventure), but the Equinox gets back to Fort Lauderdale on 10/22.

Edited by Arzeena

TSOTD is the Bert Wills Band.

They are a Southern Rock band from Texas.I have every album/CD they released in the 40 plus years since they formed.

Bert has recorded and or appeared with every singer/band from Eric Clapton to ZZ Top.

To date I have only met one person on the east coast who ever heard of the band and that guy is in a NY based band,

The signature song for the Bert Wills Band is Pavonne Sunset which can be heard along with many others on YouTube.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Those fires must be pretty large.  They say the haze we are seeing is from the fires.

Wind could have shifted again.........There are Wild Fires in NJ in the Pine Barrens, we were getting smoke all the way to Southwest Virginia. Wind may have shifted West, you may be getting some of the smoke from NJ.

I got an email from RCI today containing several sailings that are on sail. They list the "regular price" and the new "sale price". The various sailings are discounted anywhere between $20 - $40 dollars. You at corporate thought that email was even worth putting together?🙄

Screenshot_20230606_152057_Gmail.thumb.jpg.3b6c92f218cfbb91e5c672d27fb02c4f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

One of the two C&A blocks that I've been waiting on showed up today.  It's the new style block.  Micheline's first impression..."they're ugly".  I'm leaning in that direction, but I think it might grow on me.  It's our first block so I can't compare to the old ones.  

IMG_0557.thumb.jpg.66d66ee0a614fee5b4ff3a50aaa5969b.jpg

IMG_0558.thumb.jpg.c195f151d0a2a25115c6b201eb157b69.jpg

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of the two C&A blocks that I've been waiting on showed up today.  It's the new style block.  Micheline's first impression..."they're ugly".  I'm leaning in that direction, but I think it might grow on me.  It's our first block so I can't compare to the old ones.  

I don't know. I'm hoping they look better in person but right now I'm just not a fan.

• Like 8

We have had the haze from the Canadian wilderness fires for a few days (we are in Northern New Jersey about 18 miles from midtown Manhattan), but this is the first evening we actually are smelling it. Crazy strong right now. 

Hopefully it is not too bad up North. ❤️to our Canadian friends. 

We have Air Quality Alerts ongoing from our Weather apps .... "Levels of fine particulates will rise into unhealthy for sensitive groups category statewide today and Wednesday and likely last into the evening hours both days due to wildfire smoke transport from eastern Canadian wildfires."

Edited by mets07
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like an advertisement for their company. 

• Haha 2