Masks probably required

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Having participated in this thread from beginning to end I have come to the definitive conclusion that some folks shouldn't be thinking about cruising until the spring of 2027.  For the rest of us, I'll meet you at the Schooner bar for trivia night. 🙂

I don't go to the Schooner Bar for trivia. All of the regulars already know the answers.  

But I'll be there for the late night sing-a-long. I'll be the guy who can't carry a tune and doesn't know how/when to leave. *** hic ***

• Like 1

Well, some countries in Europe made it mandatory to wear a mask inside of any building, store or a work place. I wonder how long this measures will last but I know one thing for sure - the cruises will definitely practice mask regulations on board their ship. At least this year for sure. No one want to get a million dollar case against them

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I don't go to the Schooner Bar for trivia. All of the regulars already know the answers.  

But I'll be there for the late night sing-a-long. I'll be the guy who can't carry a tune and doesn't know how/when to leave. *** hic ***

I love karaoke. I got the best compliment ever last Dec. We were in Imperial lounge on Adventure late one night and I signed up to do Karaoke.  My 16 year old granddaughter begged me "no papa it'll be so embarrassing". I nailed "Candle in the wind". She had a beaming smile on her face when I got back to the table. "Where did that come from" she said.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Lenny...in my pea brain and opinion I believe your picture will not be taken for your Sea Pass Card with a mask on. When entering and leaving the ship you will be spaced at least 6' apart and you will be required to remove your mask at those times when your Sea Pass Card is scanned.  As it is currently when you have to remove your hat and sun glasses.

Dave ,when the mask is removed it should be washed before it is worn again.If it is a disposable mask you would have to carry many with you.

46 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Dave ,when the mask is removed it should be washed before it is worn again.If it is a disposable mask you would have to carry many with you.

I picked up a tip reading an article about a NY hospital.  One of the doctors would spray her mask with rubbing alcohol to wear it again.  That's what we've been doing until this week:  spray the masks and hang them to dry in the laundry room.  Now, we have fabric, rewashable masks that I made.  

On cruises, I plan on us taking 7 -10 each, spraying them to reuse the same day, and then tossing in the laundry bag.  We send out a bag every 3-4 days, anyway, so the masks will just get washed with the other stuff.  Spray them again when we get them back.  Rinse, repeat.

9 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Since violation of privacy/privacy rights is a big issue to me, the test would have to be noninvasive, and results destroyed while I stand there.  I am not willing to give up privacy (and DNA) for a quick answer.  I think there would be court challenges if this was going to be the route taken here in the states by companies.   It is one thing to take my temp, but to force a test on me....no.  I won't take a test, unless it was my desire to have a test.  I don't think I'm alone in this belief.

If one doesn't want such a test one merely has to refrain from the activity requiring the test. 

Companies have an obligation to maintain safe workplaces. They do not have an obligation to employ those unwilling to observe safety rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pcur said:

I picked up a tip reading an article about a NY hospital.  One of the doctors would spray her mask with rubbing alcohol to wear it again.  That's what we've been doing until this week:  spray the masks and hang them to dry in the laundry room.  Now, we have fabric, rewashable masks that I made.  

On cruises, I plan on us taking 7 -10 each, spraying them to reuse the same day, and then tossing in the laundry bag.  We send out a bag every 3-4 days, anyway, so the masks will just get washed with the other stuff.  Spray them again when we get them back.  Rinse, repeat.

Just research a little more about this....especially since you want to know how effective that method is..if you are relying on it for peace of mind.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/disinfect-clean-n95-mask-virus-coronavirus/

Alcohol Disinfection Reduces Effectiveness

Maybe alcohol disinfection is better because it doesn’t require rubbing the mask? Unfortunately, tests found that dipping in rubbing alcohol reduced particle capture by 37%.

Disinfect Masks Rubbing Alcohol Decreases Effectiveness

Edited by hazence

On 5/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, ToroAzul said:

Can't wait to see 'Grease' where the actors are all in respirators!

I do think I want to sit front/center anymore to these shows! Never thought about being showered in spit & sweat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks for the advise, that's what I plan on doing. I'm heading North to 100 mile house, Williams Lake, Quesnel and Prince George next weekend to hit a few of the dealers up there. We're going to make a weekend of it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.  

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.

DW is now sewing masks.  She's making them to match all her fanciest outfits so she will be good to go on formal night. 🙂

Post photos, she will be the first of the fashionistas.

Good luck on the toad trip as well. That sounds like the right area for what you are looking for. Last of the detour, F250 restoration pics. 

https://www.legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/1972-ford-f250-pickup-825.aspx

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

I do think I want to sit front/center anymore to these shows! Never thought about being showered in spit & sweat.

The splash zone won’t be coveted anymore by Star Class, unless they are wearing shield masks. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Hey, Peggy, I have found an actual use for New Amsterdam Vodka!

36 minutes ago, hazence said:

Just research a little more about this....especially since you want to know how effective that method is..if you are relying on it for peace of mind.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/disinfect-clean-n95-mask-virus-coronavirus/

Alcohol Disinfection Reduces Effectiveness

Maybe alcohol disinfection is better because it doesn’t require rubbing the mask? Unfortunately, tests found that dipping in rubbing alcohol reduced particle capture by 37%.

Disinfect Masks Rubbing Alcohol Decreases Effectiveness

That's for surgical masks.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That's for surgical masks.

Yes, in the latter part of the article.  But the initial two paragraphs seem to be for general public. Do you think it only deteriorates the effectiveness on surgical masks?  I’ll have to read more but I’m not sure why that would be?

What about having proof of vaccination?  I for one will not get vaccinated as I just don’t trust anyone in our government.  So, you think people will be denied cruising for proof of failure of vaccination?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hazence said:

Yes, in the latter part of the article.  But the initial two paragraphs seem to be for general public. Do you think it only deteriorates the effectiveness on surgical masks?  I’ll have to read more but I’m not sure why that would be?

Perhaps this explains it 😉

20200416_093552.jpg.cceb0cd33f1722062579949ef73bf97c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Will pools/hot tubs be open if "Social Distancing " is in effect? The only way to regulate would be closing them.

No easy solutions for the industry to figure out/control. It will certainly be interesting to see the changes and more interesting to hear about them for those on the first few sailings.

I can hear it now " My cruise was a disaster due to the changes", " It wasn't as bad as I thought", "Why didn't I wait" and everything in between.

There is no science indicating that the virus survives in highly chlorinated water.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James4me said:

What about having proof of vaccination?  I for one will not get vaccinated as I just don’t trust anyone in our government.  So, you think people will be denied cruising for proof of failure of vaccination?

I kinda remember being required to have proof of vaccination to enroll my kids in school.

Ah, the good old days