The first thing you do after you board?

sealeggs

1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

Thread should have been titled “...after you board a Royal Caribbean ship”

I could not find a Windjammer, Schoone, Trellis or Central Park on most ships I’ve sailed.

The thread started on the Royal board and was moved.

42 minutes ago, sealeggs said:

For us, we head to the Windjammer for lunch. Then we head to the Dining Room to check out our table. Then drinks and pool time or if we haven't been on the ship before we explore a bit and then pool time.  

We find a place for lunch,tour the ship then check out to see if we can get into the cabin.By then it is time for the Muster Drill,Sail Away Party then dinner.

• Like 1

The last place we would go to, and the first place we avoid on any RCI ship, is the Windjammer on Day 1 for lunch - any other venue is preferable!  (And we rarely eat in the MDR, so no need to set foot there either). 

After lunch we normally find a bar and people watch and then head to the stateroom at 1, and usually our luggage is there or arrives shortly after and we unpack.  After that usually back to a bar, and then it's muster and sailaway.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We eat a late breakfast, so that eating isn't the 1st thing we need to do!  I wear my bathing suit under my shorts, so I can head to the pool...assuming it's pool weather!    Get a drink...get into vacation mode.  Once bags have arrived, I like to unpack, so that all is good in my world!  Later, we'll roam about...never felt the need to "check out" our dining table, since it's not the location, but the company at the table that makes dinner fun and special!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sealeggs said:

For us, we head to the Windjammer for lunch. Then we head to the Dining Room to check out our table. Then drinks and pool time or if we haven't been on the ship before we explore a bit and then pool time.  

Exactly...we do the same. 😎

Cabin to drop carryon and put our champagne in fridge.  Happy-dance on balcony, then wipe doors, switches and tv remote with Clorox sheets (yeah, I’m one of those but it gives me the illusion of control), after which it’s off to the bar for a fluffy beverage before muster.

Weve never been on a cruise ship. Knowing my bf, well likely get food first. Then maybe explore or see our room and rest a moment before exploring more. I know since im without my kiddos, im grabbing a drink fairly quick lol

On my first cruise we arrived after an 8hr overnight flight. I didn't sleep much on the flight so the only thing I wanted to do when I got on the ship was to sleep!🤣 But I pushed through, watched a performance at the pool deck, went to the top deck to watch the ship leave, had lunch, wandered around, collected the itinerary for the next day and then had that really good sleep in the most comfortable bed ever😉

• Like 1

We'll be in Rio a couple of days before the cruise (Oceania).  A traditional meal in Brazil is feijoada on Saturdays.  We'll leave our bags at the hotel, have lunch (with caipirinhas), pick up our bags and cab it to the ship.  Maybe get there between 2 and 3 and we'll likely go straight to bed to 'sleep off' lunch 🙂  Then probably a walk around the ship and maybe a snack type dinner or even room service for dinner.  

the deck 2.JPG

feijoada 2014.JPG

• Like 1

So far every cruise has been on a different ship (easy to say when that count is 3) so it've roamed the ship to find where things are.  Next cruise will be my first repeat ship but I'll be with a couple that hasn't been on that ship yet so it'll be a combo of ship tour and lunch.

• Like 1