Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

petday.thumb.jpg.ead80224ebb40858456c7d3cbf245910.jpgHere are my boys.    Sparky (black and white) teaching his baby brother Petey how to climb a tree for the first time.    Sorry the picture quality my DH took is not good - not sure why his samsung usually takes better pictures.   

Love this picture, Debbie!

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just saw this from the FLL airport.  Wonder if Uber has boats?

An old HS friend of mine (living in Ft. Lauderdale) said she was under Tornado watch earlier this evening 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I have trouble with chairs and couches that are too deep, also.  I need  couch pillow behind me when I sit down on the couch...if I don't have a pillow behind me, I'll sit with both of my legs tucked under me.

Same here.  I'm typing this while my legs are tucked under me.🤩

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just saw this from the FLL airport.  Wonder if Uber has boats?

A few years back we were in FLL when a storm hit.  We were shocked how fast the streets filled.  We had walked to a restaurant for dinner, took a taxi back to the hotel where we almost couldn't get back in.  By morning you never would have known it had rained.

• Like 5

Went to the NY Mets baseball game today.  Beautiful day for major league baseball at 80 plus degrees F. I have been to many April games wearing a winter coat, hat, blanket, etc. I love baseball!

We had two of our grandchildren with us. Our grandson is 5, a couple weeks shy of 6, and our 4 year old granddaughter.  They loved screaming when the big screen said to "get loud," eating lots of stuff, and yelling Let's go Mets! Lots of fun. 

Best to all.

20230412_135853.thumb.jpg.b11c82af31dfe6067901d771f68e0600.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

DD is progressing.  She just started five weeks of radiation.  It was delayed a little, because she got the flu.  She did start back to work yesterday, doing half days for a while.  Taking it a day at a time. 

As for me, I finished with the heart monitor last Friday. Don’t know what it shows, but will find out when I meet with the cardiologist.  Appointment was supposed to be tomorrow, but they pushed it back a couple weeks. 

With all the imaging that the “providers” have done, they did find a couple things.  One, a spot on my lung that I have discussed with my primary doctor.  It is at a watch and wait stage with another scan in 3-6 months to see if it grows. 

The second thing is I have a thoracic aortic aneurysm, that will be discussed further with the cardiologist.  It appears it is near the size where surgery would be required, but it may just be monitored for a while also. 

It is probably good it is caught early.  I had no symptoms, other than an elevated heart rate one day last fall, that Apple Watch said was aFib.  That’s what prompted me to get checked. 

Thanks for asking. 

Thanks for the update on your daughter and yourself. I’m so glad you got checked and your doctors can monitor your medical concerns. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah, because they are all the same thing, right? Might as well lump them under one nomenclature.

Well, when it comes to insurance coverage, you have to be specific.  When I was in a particular HMO, I had to list a Doctor as my primary care provider who authorized any referrals, but I could see a PA or NP in his practice for office visits. The PA or NP couldn't authorize the specialty referrals -- the MD/DO had to sign off on them.  

So for the purposes of an office visit, I was fine with a "provider" but for a referral I needed a "doctor".  Like it or not, but words matter.  

How about we discuss the fact that in many crossword puzzles to this day, "doctor's helper" is still used as the clue for an answer of RN, LPN, or nurse?  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was looking at street view on Google maps.  The pics were from January 2019.  A local gas station showing regular at $1.85 per gallon.   Funny that now when it drops to $3.00 we think wow look at how good gas prices are this week.

The opening credits of The Sopranos has gas at the Sunoco station for 97-cents.  Boy, those were the days... I think our gas tax alone is that much now!

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I have trouble with chairs and couches that are too deep, also.  I need  couch pillow behind me when I sit down on the couch...if I don't have a pillow behind me, I'll sit with both of my legs tucked under me.

Short-legged people of the world, unite!!!

Although now that I have bad knees, I also have a complaint about chairs that are TOO low, and I need a sturdy handle to lift myself up out of them, or a crane!

I need the Goldilocks-approved seating level.... the one that is JUST RIGHT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Although now that I have bad knees, I also have a complaint about chairs that are TOO low, and I need a sturdy handle to lift myself up out of them, or a crane!

That's like those Adirondack chairs. They are horrible. I don't know how anyone sits in them, except for young people. I can only perch on the front edge. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's like those Adirondack chairs. They are horrible. I don't know how anyone sits in them, except for young people. I can only perch on the front edge. 

I agree.  And don't get fooled if somebody suggests a Muskoka chair as a substitute... same thing, different cottage country!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

We made the mistake of sitting in these Central Park chairs on Oasis.  They are ridiculously low and the seat backs are reclined, but they are placed around a table as if you could actually eat your lunch while sitting in them. Only the nimble young folks can successfully manage these things.

OasDec-60850-1645719029.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, derorim said:

We made the mistake of sitting in these Central Park chairs on Oasis.  They are ridiculously low and the seat backs are reclined, but they are placed around a table as if you could actually eat your lunch while sitting in them. Only the nimble young folks can successfully manage these things.

Wow... If I actually got down to sit in one of those chairs... I'm spending the night there.  Do you happen to know if the bartenders come to serve at the tables? 😉

dp

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, derorim said:

The chairs are comfortable to sit in but ergonomically they function poorly. If you have a drink and put it on the table it takes a bit of effort to reach it. A small table my the side of the chair would be more functional.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I take it you don’t like Randy Newmans song Short People, at 6’4” I have a different opinion , I am looking forward to my New York City trip but there are several broadway theaters that I need to avoid because of lack of leg room.

Edited by George C
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, derorim said:

Goodness those are low!  Glad, we never checked them out.

Same with toilets in some hotels.  Most Hampton Inns we've stayed  in were so low they looked like  kiddy toilets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

The opening credits of The Sopranos has gas at the Sunoco station for 97-cents.  Boy, those were the days... I think our gas tax alone is that much now!

I remember while in HS there was a gas station called Clark.   Their commercial advertised gas for "one thin quarter and friends that's unique". 

I posted yesterday that we could use a good 4-5 inches of rain.  We didn't get that  at all. but reports are FLL area got up to 14 inches, and the airport (FLL) is closed due to flooding.  

Our forecast for today is 100% chance of rain, although weather radar shows little rain.

Good thing there are no cruise ships departing today, although there is a Viking ship in port.

• Like 4

I woke up this morning to my granddog licking my face.I think he was inferring that it was time to wake up and play with him.

My other granddog sleeps with us but Beuk travels with his own bed and sleeps downstairs.

It is a beautiful and warm day here today.There are 1560 residents in the complex .Nearly all have dogs and or cats .

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I posted yesterday that we could use a good 4-5 inches of rain.  We didn't get that  at all. but reports are FLL area got up to 14 inches, and the airport (FLL) is closed due to flooding.  

Our forecast for today is 100% chance of rain, although weather radar shows little rain.

Good thing there are no cruise ships departing today, although there is a Viking ship in port.

I just read that the airport is closed until 5 AM tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1