Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

Hello, Everyone!

We have been infrequent posters but have enjoyed following different topics, such as Helen and Marty's current spectacular trip! Along that vein I would like to do the same. I would love to do a "Live Trip Report" but know I could not keep up, so I will do a semi-live here, if that is okay? We are leaving Saturday morning (early) flying to Las Vegas to help break up our super long trip to Hawaii! Yes, we going to try for a "do-over" of our Aulani and Pacific Crossing to Vancouver which was a "dizaster" last year, lol! Pictures to follow! If it would be too messy for the thread I will do a regular trip report...

I would love to see your photos.. So, a yes vote from me.

• Like 6

Hello, Everyone!

We have been infrequent posters but have enjoyed following different topics, such as Helen and Marty's current spectacular trip! Along that vein I would like to do the same. I would love to do a "Live Trip Report" but know I could not keep up, so I will do a semi-live here, if that is okay? We are leaving Saturday morning (early) flying to Las Vegas to help break up our super long trip to Hawaii! Yes, we going to try for a "do-over" of our Aulani and Pacific Crossing to Vancouver which was a "dizaster" last year, lol! Pictures to follow! If it would be too messy for the thread I will do a regular trip report...

Sounds great to me if you would like share your travels and cruise.   Photos always welcome🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, Everyone!

Hi Denny, yes and yes please! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to William 🎂 I hope he had a wonderful day if he celebrated yesterday.

Thank you aussie!  I'm so glad to hear that your daughter's foot is healing so nicely!

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 13th birthday Maryann for your youngest grandson William.

happy-birthday-william-4.gif

Thank you so much, Graham!

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 3 🌺  Maryann @Luckynana

Thank you, Dani!

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Adding my Happy Birthday wishes to William. 🎂🎂🎉

Thank you, Mark!  Ricky is looking well.  Poor thing, with so many attempts to take his blood.

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

🎉

Thank you, Marietta!

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday to William, your newest teen grandson.  May all his birthday wishes come true.

Thank you so much, Bonnie!  

10 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sending birthday wishes to William the cool teen.

Thank you, Arzeena!

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Birthday to William.Do you remember when you were 13 ?

When I was 13 I began traveling by subway to Coney Island and Manhattan.

Thank you so much, Lenny!  Being the third of eight kids, I was pretty independent and traveled all  over half of the Island on my bike by age 13.😉

• Like 5

@CruiszBug  Denny, I would love to see your "Live Trip Report"!  Bring it on!!  Have a great cruise!

Bon Voyage!🛳️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you aussie!  I'm so glad to hear that your daughter's foot is healing so nicely!

Thank you so much, Graham!

Thank you, Dani!

Thank you, Mark!  Ricky is looking well.  Poor thing, with so many attempts to take his blood.

Thank you, Marietta!

Thank you so much, Bonnie!  

Thank you, Arzeena!

Thank you so much, Lenny!  Being the third of eight kids, I was pretty independent and traveled all  over half of the Island on my bike by age 13.😉

I was an only child and never rode a bike.Hard to believe but I loved walking and walked a lot of Brooklyn streets.Many years ago a guy wrote a book titled Flatbush Odyssey .He walked Flatbush Avenue from beginning to end and wrote the book about people he met along the way.

• Like 4

Frameless vs framed glass shower in bathrooms?  What is your preference?

DH is insisting on frameless due to aesthetics.

I am against them because in his bathroom he has to put the bath mat outside every day to dry because the water leaks out of the gaps after each shower.

We are going to renovate our main bathroom (which currently has a framed glass shower) and we are at a stalemate over this….

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am against them because in his bathroom he has to put the bath mat outside every day to dry because the water leaks out of the gaps after each shower.

We are going to renovate our main bathroom (which currently has a framed glass shower) and we are at a stalemate over this….

Good question! And just to make it more confusing, we are going with semi-frameless. Part of the termite work requires disassembling the guest bathroom and replacing the subfloor, so we are going to replace the tub/shower door. This might be a super long link: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Simplicity-60-in-x-58-1-8-in-Semi-Frameless-Traditional-Sliding-Bathtub-Door-in-White-and-Chrome-with-Transition-Glass-2435591/206288469

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 6:10 AM, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid John, thank you so much for the b'day wishes, especially those of adorable Kenzie. So much pleasure to get one from a beautiful young lady, as opposed to our 2 "macho" grandsons....😉

Also, heartfelt thanks for the wonderful wishes from so many of you --

Judy @NHProud, Graham @grapau27, Debbie @Sunshine3601, Jennifer @jmh2006, Greg @Sea Dog, OB @Ocean Boy, Marietta @DaniDanielle, @Vibe, Marian @helen haywood, Mary @MJSailors, Jane @firefly333, Karen @Keksie, Joe & Amelia @cruisingpeople, Mark @SteelCityCruiser10, Andrew @A&L_Ont, Sue @sgmn, Mark @h20skibum, George @George C, Bob @bobmacliberty, Sue @Lionesss, Bonnie @BonTexasNY, Deb @Momof3gurlz, Arzeena @Arzeena, @HBE4, Helen @FromSea2ShiningSea, @reallyitsmema, Dorothy @#55worktoplay, Lenny @lenquixote66, Sue @CrzLvr2 and @aussielozzie18.

DH cooked a nice dinner 2 days before my b'day, to celebrate also our eldest son's (Pi b'day😉).

Black (squid) pasta with shrimps...

image.thumb.jpeg.b9cb85fae9ce89eb3b846396e25d9bcd.jpeg

For my actual b'day, we went to a food stand for my favorite shawarma.... we were lucky to even find a table. It was delicious, huge portions, we took doggy bag home.

That's on the main street in our city, looks like the eighties, feels the same.

image.thumb.jpeg.f85a2a3edad9f6df2c86d48494415869.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a35240b1e5a65ec9ce9bca64ca19eb7.jpeg

Wishing you a very belated happy birthday. I’m almost 70 pages behind and have a lot to catch up on. The food looks wonderful.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

Hello, Everyone!

Thankful y'all are able to do it again!  I really enjoyed meeting you on the Hawaii cruise.   You surely impressed me with the strength you showed while dealing with what you were going through. 

I know all here would love you sharing your experience.   Looking forward to the pics!

I hope all goes smooth this time!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We have frameless in our master bathroom.  Love it.   Easy to clean too!

We have multiple shower heads...rain shower out of ceiling, 3 adjustable nozzles in the wall then a hand held sprayer.  

The only time we ever get any water leakage is when Eric uses the hand held, not sure if he points wrong direction or what.

Just make sure the installer gets a good seal and frameless is Great!

The other bathroom with a tub/shower combo has framed door and I hate cleaning it.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Good question! And just to make it more confusing, we are going with semi-frameless. Part of the termite work requires disassembling the guest bathroom and replacing the subfloor, so we are going to replace the tub/shower door. This might be a super long link: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Simplicity-60-in-x-58-1-8-in-Semi-Frameless-Traditional-Sliding-Bathtub-Door-in-White-and-Chrome-with-Transition-Glass-2435591/206288469

We went with a semi frameless when we remodeled.  No problem with leakage, and it is easy to clean.  But then, we wipe our shower down after every use.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Made final payment for our cruise this morning.  And also just this morning, Southwest sent an email changing our flights before that cruise.  Batting 1000 on flight changes. 

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy National Pet Day!

our 3 knucklehead's 

IMG_4303.thumb.jpeg.3e443215be9709a341076fa2cf725de5.jpeg

Charlie and Lizzy

IMG_4304.thumb.jpeg.23cc4abf200afb84eccaec3f00cf6c4b.jpeg

Kylar.

We love our kids.

We love your kids too.😁

And everyone else's kids.....our virtual kids.😄

• Like 4

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is on my Prime,Netflix,Peacock,You Tube Bucket List of movies and series.The following have been referred to me:Henry’s Crime,To Die For,Fallout,Stranger Things and Fleabag.

I am taking notes Lenny.

I like series that hold my interest so much that I have to binge and cannot just end at one episode.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, neither one of us knew it was national pet day... well, maybe Jade knew.

20240410_103417.thumb.jpg.4fbfae04d28d34c53e03b38395e8fc91.jpg

She is a beauty. Love the eyes.

First feet picture (kind of) in Uggs boots?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I installed this frameless shower door in the downstairs in-law suite's bathroom this past June. Pretty easy install if you take your time and double check all measurements and cuts.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/MAAX-Aura-71-in-H-x-55-in-to-59-in-W-Semi-Frameless-Bypass-Sliding-Chrome-Shower-Door/50150142

20230630_134238.jpg

20230630_134401.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1